Thursday, August 15, 2013

Making Progress!

Well, we have made some progress over the last couple days. 

Hewitt is of mostly everything including his lipids, nasal cannula, and UV light. He only remains on TPN( total parental nutrition). Which provides minerals, vitamins, glucose, and carbohydrates. He was able to come of lipids because he is now getting enough milk. He in up to 2ml per feeding which is every 3 hours. He is mostly maintaining his own body temperature and staying off the radiant warmer. He is able to breastfeed once per day, which started on Tuesday. He latched on almost immediately and has done such an amazing job. He loves to eat and is very cranking when hungry! Like his mamma! 



His Goals: must maintain body temperature above 36.4 C, increase feelings to 40ml every 3 hours, and come off TPN and IV fluids. 

Harrington has really tried to catch up to brother. When I showed up yesterday he was finally off UV light, his lipids, and nasal cannula. His breathing has slowed down which is great. I was so shocked to see him off so many things over night. He is still on TPN, IV fluid, and the radiant warmer. He is not quite controlling his body temperature. He is now able to breast feed once per say and his first time was Wednesday! He also did well for his first time! 



His Goals: Must maintain body temp and stay off the radiant warmer. Even when when hold him in 2 onesies and a very warm sleep sack his temp still drops a tad low. Must tolerate 40ml of milk and wean off TPN and IV fluids. 

Even though I have only been able to breast feed a few times since they arrived, it has been totally amazing! Each time I'm so overwhelmed with these little miracles that God has given to us. I try to just stay focused on all the things I get to do and not on the things I don't get to do with them! It's been over 4 1/2 long years to get to this point, so I'm very much want them to be home with me. For most of their life outside the womb they have been without me, but I must stay focused on the positive. We finally have two babies!!!! I still feel like I'm watching someone else's life. 

I'm still recovery, but doing better each day. I am still being treated for my pre-clamspia with blood pressure medications twice daily. Every time I eat, mid-way through I have to stop because it feels like I'm out about to pass out and I become very weak. My doctor said this can last around 2-3 weeks post-partem. 

These are the signs outside the boys door that the nurses made. 



I read the boys' hospital labels the other morning that they gave me to put on my mill bottles and cried because it has my name and newborn on the same sticker x 2. Surreal! 





No comments:

Post a Comment