Sunday, August 4, 2013

36 Weeks With My Boys!!!

















 
Some of our maternity shoot.

36 Weeks!
 
 
August 1st, 2013


Symptoms: Well, we only have one more week. I can hardly believe that all these weeks have come and gone. We are scheduled for August 9th for c-section unless Baby B moves his bum! Right not Baby A is head down, but his brother has his legs in the way. They will check them right up to the last minute. I would love to have a regular delivery that comes on its own, but whatever will be will be. We are just praying for healthy babies and delivery.

I have truly enjoyed every moment that I possibly could. We have take well over 500 photos. Sound ridiculous, but we just couldn't help it. I didn't want to look back and wish I had a photo of me pregnant doing this or that, etc. As uncomfortable as I am, I know that I will miss feeling these babies in my belly. It has never gotten old and truly is a miracle. I always asked my friends if it feels like an alien, it was something I just couldn't grasp. Well, it feels like pure Heaven. I do look forward to meeting them, but do not want to rush these next few precious days. My sister comes to town on Monday and my dad will be back in the country on Monday. I am so glad that the boys have waited on their Papa.

I have definitely noticed a significant decrease in my comfort level. I always have a head and feet in my ribcage which significantly effects my mobility. I can barely touch my feet and I am someone who puts lotion on my feet like a thousands times a day. When I get out of the shower I feel like I have just worked out and find myself resting on the counter. LOL  For the past week I have taken a nap for 30-40 minutes every day. Out of nowhere, I would just pass out. Crazy! This may not sound weird to most of you, but those who know me know that I am not a napper. I haven't napped since I was 18 months old. Who naps in the daytime?!?! That is what I used to think. My sister on the other hand is a professional napper!  My sister could sleep anywhere growing up and this would always leave me bored, especially in the car. My back hurts, but it is also so stiff. Exercise helps with this tremendously. It really allows for a deep stretch to loosen the muscles. I honestly do not know how I would have handle twin pregnancy if I had not stayed working out.

My Braxton Hicks contractions that I have been having for well over two months have become much more uncomfortable. They make it hard to talk, walk, breath, or think. I can feel the outline of my uterus when it contracts and it is funny how it is uneven. Baby B's side is very up and down and what a normal pregnant belly might feel like. Baby A's side is turned more sideways. Hard to explain.

I never knew my feet could hurt so bad and it actually feel as if they have lifted weights nonstop. I guess they do lift my weight all day. When I get up in the middle of the night to go the bathroom..shocking...I walk like I am 90yrs old. My feet are so stiff I almost scoot across the floor. they need a warm up before they start working for the day. I also know that I am retaining some fluid because I can feel it in my hands, feet, and face. I have this fear of my ring getting stuck. Freaky!

Oddly enough, the past few days I have had less indigestion. I cannot figure it out unless the babies have dropped down. They still feel like they are pretty high up in my business, but my mom said it looked like they dropped. Maybe my BFF Aciphex has kicked into high gear. I had to switch to this a couple weeks ago because Pepcid wasn't cutting it.

I hate complaining about the pains of pregnancy, so I always feel guilty when I start listing the pains. However, I do want to document these "joys" because I want to be able to look back if I get to be pregnant again with one. I want to remember everything we go through while bringing life into this world. I do not wish these pains away because the alternative would be to not be pregnant. I think the pains make the joys that much sweeter. I feel so blessed to have experienced the pains because these are conversations that I thought I may never have, experiences I thought I would never live. I feel so very fortunate to be able to be apart of the pregnancy conversation. For so long I sat by in such pain while others talked about the pains and joys of pregnancy. I am also so grateful for that pain because I am very aware of what others around me might be feeling while struggling with infertility. What a blessing to bring life into this world.

We were without power last week from Tuesday night until Friday evening. When I heard my two fans shut off Tuesday night I thought I better fall asleep as soon as possible. So, I put my ear plugs and tried to get to sleep as fast as possible because I knew that every minute it was going to get hotter!. It was eerily quiet. I had not heard wind like that in years. Rocky slept straight through it. Positives are that it wasn't last Summer and/or the twins had not already been born. It could have been much worse and thankfully I had my Aunt's house to go to.
 
Exercise: CrossFit, but haven't been able to go as much as I would like. Maybe 1-2 times per week.
Belly Circ: 39.5 inches. Whoa!
 
Weight Gain: 38lbs

Cravings: Pregnancy eating has been fun other than the indigestion. I have enjoyed me a McDonald's breakfast weekly for the past few weeks, but last week I got over that. Too much indigestion. I had to say goodbye to my sausage biscuit, regular biscuit, hash brown, and small OJ - $4.86 please! Now the thought makes me want to vomit. Still love a cheeseburger and fries. I have also been really loving some Van's Gluten Free Waffles and have been craving cinnamon lately. Oh, and Zoe's spinach rolls with chicken! YUM!!!
 
Ultrasound:  Growth Scan:
Baby A- HR 151 and Weight 5lbs 8oz
Baby B- HR 148 and Weight 5lbs 2oz
 
Baby A is still head down, but Baby B has blocked the exit with his bottom and legs so he is still the presenting twin. If he doesn't move we will still have to have a c-section.
 
I have feet kicking my ribs (Baby A) and feet kicking my cervix (Baby B)! I feel double special!
 
 
  


My mom and I right after hearing that I had power again at 35 weeks!
 

   
36 Weeks!
 

   Our last Saturday night before the boys are here! We had a wonderful date night, sitting on the same side of the booth per Rocky's request, at Red Rock Canyon Grill. You're going to want to go and get this dessert- Something Chocolate! 
    
 
 
Rocky ready to help with my twin nursing pillow! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment