Wednesday, April 18, 2012

IVF #2 - Time To Fish For Some Eggs!


April 18th, 2012

 My retrieval is scheduled for 10am. I may or may not have sneaked a couple tiny sips of water. Of course, I was starving and I couldn’t wait to get back home and have my coffee. I felt such a peace the whole morning. The procedure didn’t actually start until 10:30. I wasn’t nervous. The staff was excellent!!! The whole experience was amazing. Everyone was cheerful and talking to me like that had known me for years. You just do not know how that makes people feel when you are going through something so stressful. 

 Being a patient has taught me priceless lessons on how to be a better healthcare provider. Thank you to Tulsa Fertility Clinic!!! I actually had fun while I was there. Of course, they knocked me out and that was great too! I felt so relaxed when I woke up. It was neat to find out that one of the nurses became pregnant through IUI. My IVF coordinator had 2 failed IVF’s that led her to adoption. For some reason, it brought me great peace knowing that several of them had been through the process. 

 They retrieved 13 eggs. I thought this was so great considering I really only had one active ovary. I laid on the couch the rest of the day just dying to know how many would make it to the next step. The pain wasn’t too bad with a little help from Vicodin. I usually don’t like the way pain meds make me feel, but this one was a low dose. My abdomen just felt tender, full, and with localized twinges of pain. Besides being a little loopy from anesthesia, I felt great! We went to eat to celebrate our 13 eggs, we sat outside and it was just beautiful! I will find out tomorrow by 10am if any fertilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment