Friday, July 28, 2017

We've Got EGGS!!!!!

EGGS!!! We retrieved 11 eggs yesterday. Just shy of a dozen! YAY!!!!! Now, they need to find their “special” friend and become one which hopefully has already hapenned! This is the important part. As you age, your egg quality diminishes and being 38 in fertility in getting “old”. Just the facts. To put it into perspective……..when I have my first retrieval (2nd IVF cycle, 1st was cancelled due to min. follicles) we got 13 eggs and 5 AMAZING embryos and out of that the most perfect little boys you’ve ever seen!! Now, at 37/38 we have gotten around 1 embryo per cycle! That is why we are currently banking our embryos because every day gone by is another day your eggs have aged. We hope to get to four and then start trying to get pregnant. Our last retrieval in December we got 7 eggs and one embryo, so we were very happy!!!! Every cycle is different. So many variables! And now......the waiting game. 

Convo with the twins tonight:
Hewitt: Why are you going to the doctor like everyday? DO you have oowie?
Me: We are trying to have more brothers and sisters.
Hewitt: (eyes really big) REALLY?! I want sisters, brothers, and another Hewitt
Me: I would LOVE another Hew Bear.
Harry: (chimes in) I want bruddies, sisters, and TWO mommies.
Me: NO….I am your ONLY mommy. EVER.
Get it right bud!! LOL!!!

Here is my IVF history: Really for those who are going through it!! I LOVED reading the data when I started this journey!
1. 1st IVF 2011 - cancelled due to low follicles
2. 2nd IVF 2011 - 2 embryos transferred, failed: 13 eggs retrieved, 5 embryos, 3 embryos frozen including my Hew and Harry!!
3. 3rd IVF 2012 - 2 Frozen embryos- twins boys.
4. 4th IVF 2015 - “Last”. Our last remains embryo transferred. 2nd + pregnancy test EVER, ended blighted ovum miscarriage.
5. 5th IVF 2016 - 13 eggs, 3 embryos transferred. Only one was truly viable, we believe in life at conception so we took all three!! God is in control of the babies that live or die!
6. 6th IVF 2016 - 7 eggs, one embryo frozen. No transfer.
7. 7th IVF 2017- 11 eggs, WAITING to see how many babies!!!

I'm not going to lie, it feels a little vulnerable to be writing about this again( a little uncomfortable...or a lot). There is a part of you that just wants to keep it all to yourself. Maybe to avoid judgement or particular comments, BUT I know God has put it on my heart for a reason. So, I write for those who feel like they cannot share. For those who feel they don't have a voice about their pain. For those surrounded by those who sneeze and get pregnant. Most people I have met who struggle with infertility keep quiet and never really talk about their pain. The reasons for that are for another post. It is ok to share and in reality is is therapeutic to say it out loud and not keep it bottled inside! 

No comments:

Post a Comment